The O. Winston Link Museum offers its space for your events, such as wedding receptions, rehearsals dinners, retirement parties, high school reunions, company holiday parties, lectures and fundraisers. You may use the caterer of your choice; please see the client-caterer guidelines below for more information. To find out more about rental opportunities at the Link Museum, please scroll down.
Norfolk Southern Lobby
$850 - Up to 400 people standing and 150 to 175 seated
This space is perfect for a dinner, wedding reception or rehearsal, fundraiser or company party. With the open flow of this space, there is ample room for a band, D.J., and many table configurations.
$200 - Up to 250 People
Your group can stroll through the exhibits while listening to live music or the sounds of steam. The rental fee includes access to all seven galleries. Guided tours are available upon request. We ask that food and beverages are not consumed in these spaces.
Trackside Lobby & Theater
$250 - Up to 75 people
The General Electric Transportation Theater is great for your company lecture, town hall meeting or press conference. The theater seats 75 people and includes a projector and laptop hookup for your presentation. DVD and VHS players are available. (Sorry, no internet, cable, or satellite access..) The adjacent Trackside Lobby space offers the perfect setting for a reception prior to or after your event
The O. Winston Link Museum Guidelines
Note: The O. Winston Link Museum shares building space with the Roanoke Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau. We are obligated to respect their hours of operation, Monday thru Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Therefore, we are unable to allow set up for any events taking place in the Norfolk Southern Lobby before 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Sunday. At 5:00 p.m. event planners and caterers may begin set up for their event. With prior approval, deliveries may be made to the building earlier and stored on the lower level of the building.
The video screen is property of the Roanoke Valley Convention and Visitor's Bureau and is not available for rent.
- A signed contract must be on file before an event is secured.
- All rental fees include staffing, security and custodial services.
- Inquiries to the Link Museum about possible space reservations will be held for 30 days. If notice is not given within the 30 days, Museum personnel will release the date.
- After notification of site rental, clients must sign the appropriate contract and pay a non-refundable deposit for the space.
- NS Lobby - $250.00
- Galleries - $100.00
- Trackside Lobby - $100.00
- Accidents MUST BE REPORTED IMMEDIATEDLY to an O. Winston Link Museum staff member.
- The O. Winston Link Museum reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the premises that is behaving in an inappropriate manner such as; swearing, causing damage to the inside or outside of the Norfolk & Western Passenger Station Building, RVCVB space, violating ABC regulations, or causing damages to the Link Museum Galleries.
- No Food or Drinks are allowed in the galleries.
- The O. Winston Link Museum cannot remove or change any gallery exhibits.
- Additional charges will be levied if cleanup is not completed.
- Clients that will sell or serve alcohol are required to obtain an ABC License from the local Alcoholic Beverage Control Office. Go to www.abc.state.va.us to apply for your license.
Please contact Mike McNeil at 982-5465 or email@example.com regarding questions concerning rentals.
All images on this page are courtesy of Schaal's Catering & Events